The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Monday, November 10, 2014

A Big Win!

Well after a re-evaluation and two meetings with a bunch of school-system people,  it has been decided that Colt is "Significantly Developmentally Delayed" (or SDD). This will qualify him for physical therapy and occupational therapy, along with the speech therapy he is already receving, through our school system. I am very happy. Don't get me wrong, I am not happy that he needs it, but I am happy that he is going to receive the help he needs. The first time I was told he wasn't "bad enough" according to the "system" but everyone who evaluated him agreed that the system is flawed. The county school psychologist went to work on Colt's case and figured out a way to get him the services he needs, in a way that had never been used before. I appreciate her hard work and the rest of the therapists and teachers/administrators that helped us. I am hopeful we can catch Colt up in gross and fine motor skills before he starts Kindergarten with their help. Yay! It means three different therapies a week, but that is a win in our book.

No comments:

Post a Comment