The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Two Week Catch-up.

It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted.  I was full of good news then and I don't have much different today.  Granted, I don't have much "news" at all, but really nothing bad.  I am always thankful when that happens.  ;) 

Last week, my college roommate, Leah, and her husband, Daniel, came to visit.  They were here Tuesday through Thursday and I always miss them desperately when they go back home to Birmingham.  They are amazing and come to visit us often, though we haven't made it to Birmingham yet.  I vow to do that this year, but it's hard with Ryan's work and I am kind of afraid to drive that far with Colt by myself.  Maybe in the fall.  :)  Anyway, we didn't do a whole lot, just spent time together and ate and shopped.  We did get Colt's hair cut and it looks much better.  Wednesday morning, Leah and I both went to take showers and I left Daniel in charge of Colt.  I was in my room getting ready and I could hear Daniel and Colt through the baby monitor that I had forgotten to turn off.  They were slamming doors and laughing and talking up a storm.  I could not figure out what was going on!  I hurried to get ready, then went into Colt's room and they were nowhere to be found.  Finally, I hear a noise coming from the closet.  I opened the door and there is big ol' Daniel, crouching in Colt's closet, while Colt is on the other side opening and closing the door.  It was hilarious.  Daniel was just doing whatever Colt wanted to do, bless his heart!  Ha!  Anyway, I am so thankful for them and their willingness to come visit us.  :)  Here are a couple of pictures from their visit. :)

 Silly buddies

 Snuggling before bed.

Haircut and an ice cream cone!

In other not-so-important news, Ryan and I have been on a diet.  The 17 Day Diet.  You may have heard of it.  If not, it doesn't last only 17 days, each "cycle" of the diet lasts 17 days.  I did it two summers ago and lost 20 lbs, but didn't continue in the Maintenance Cycle like I should have.  We have been doing it for about a month now and I am down 10 pounds!  I have lots more to go.  Ryan hasn't weighed in a few days, but I know he's lost a few more pounds than I have.  Ugh, men. 

Colt is still trying so hard to talk!  He makes new sounds and sometimes new words almost daily!  He says "Eee-ahh!" (Leah!) and he was saying "Daniel" pretty plainly, but now he says "Bo-bo" when you say Daniel.  Ha.  He's saying "yellow" also, but not like we say it.  ;)  I love hearing his little voice!  It is starting to sound more like a kid voice and less like baby babble.  :)  He is still loving school and continues to say "eat!" every time I ask him about it.  Ha!

On Thursday, we go back to the neurologist.  I have no idea what they will do.  I am not sure if he will want to do more testing or what, but I am very anxious to find out.  Then next Monday, we go back to the ENT to have his ears rechecked and see if he needs a second set of tubes.  So, that's where we stand with Colt's health.

My stepdad is doing well, though still doing chemo.  He will have an MRI next Tuesday the 25th, so please keep him in your prayers when you think about it.  I pray that the cancer is responding to the chemo and that it continues to shrink.  Please do the same, if you will.  :)

 I can't get enough of these grins. :)

Father's Day silliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment