The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ten years already?

Yesterday evening, I met with our high school senior class president and another fellow Ridgeland High School Class of 2002 graduate to discuss and plan our 10 year reunion. It seems like it wasn't all that long ago, but at the same time, when I think about all the crazy things that have happened between 2002 and 2012, I can't believe I have fit so much stuff into those years. Most was unimportant, but fun at the time, and other events were life-changing.  Wow, what a road it has been.  I would say that I look forward to seeing where everyone is in life, but with the days of the internet, I pretty much know already.  Wonder what we'll have to talk about? 

Moving on... This weekend seemed busy of absolutely nothing.  Ryan worked all day Saturday, so Colt and I went to Panera Bread for a breakfast date.  We went two weeks ago and really enjoyed our little treat.  This time didn’t go quite as smoothly.  Recently, he has started to show out a bit, but I am not sure if it’s his teeth bothering him or the toddler coming out in him.  Could be a combination of the two.  I’ll be glad when all the teeth are in, though, I do feel like we don’t have it as bad as I hear it can be.  We are doing the Baltic amber teething necklace thing, and honestly, I am starting to believe in it.  I feel a lot better about giving it a shot and doing the teething tablets when we must, rather than pumping the poor kid full of Tylenol every day and night to keep him peaceful. 

We got the good fortune of having dinner with my dad and Judy, both on Saturday and Sunday nights.  Saturday, we grilled steaks at our house and they were excellent, if I do say so myself.  Sunday, we went to Cracker Barrel with them and our dear friends, Jody and Lauren.  We live only about 10 minutes from my parents, but other than work, don’t see them much in the summer, thanks to the family business.  I have a love/hate relationship with that place.  I love it because it has always put food on my table, a roof over my head, and helped me get through 6 years of college with no student loans.  I hate it because it takes a lot of family time away.  You would think you’d get your fill of each other while working together, but the attitudes we have at work are not really conducive to a good family environment.  Haha.  Anyone who has worked with their family can probably attest to that.  Needless to say, I am thankful for the business my grandparents and parents have built to support our family and am thankful for what we can now do for Colt through what they have built.  I am forever proud of it. 
I realize this blog post had no real point, but hey, most things I think don’t have a point.  I’ll do better next time.  ;)  I’ll leave you with this little ray of sunshine…

No comments:

Post a Comment