The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Break the Cycle

Dear Lord,
I once again bring my child to you.  Please show me how to parent this precious gift that you have given me.  Help me be the best mother that I can be.  I pray that Your Holy Spirit will teach me, Your wisdom will guide me, and Your love will move me.  Most of all, Lord, I give this child to you.  Please make him a servant after Your own heart.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

I saw this on Pinterest today.  Wow.  It really hit home, especially lately.  It's really hard when the person who should be teaching you what you want be is the person teaching you exactly what you don't want to be.  I can only try to "break the cycle" and be the kind of parent that Colt deserves. 

I will listen.  I will be respectful.  I will discipline.  I will do everything in my power to provide for him, but I will not buy his love.  I will teach him to work hard.  I will teach him to play hard.  I will teach him to get up again, no matter how many times he has been knocked down.  I will teach him to love God and to count his blessings.  I will teach him to say 'please,' 'thank you,' 'yes, ma'am,' 'no, sir.'  I will teach him to love himself.  I will teach him about the importance of family.  I will teach him to save money. 

I will fail sometimes, but I will try harder next time. 

I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment