The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fall, fall, fall!!!

Is anyone else over summer?  I want fall so badly, I am miserable.  I love fall smells.  I love fall air.  I love fall leaves. I love fall colors.  I love fall clothes.  I love fall.  Fall.  Fall.  FALL.  I love it!  I just told a friend, I know it sounds cheesy, but I feel like I come alive in the fall.  Probably weird, because fall is when most things are dying, but I feel like I am dying in the summer.  It is so hot and humid and all I feel is heavy and sluggish.  Yuck.  I love pumpkins, apples, caramel, everything!  I cannot wait to make a fall wreath to put on the door, make cinnamony smelling stuff and burn fall candles.  I can't get enough.  If there was a place in the world where it was fall all the time, I would do everything in my power to move there.  Come to me, FALL!!!  AHHH!  I can't wait!!!  :)  Anyhoo....

Our weekend was pretty uneventful.  Friday evening we got to have dinner with our friends, Trey, Jody and Lauren, at one of my favorite local BBQ places called The Purple Daisy Picnic Café.  If you live around here and haven’t yet been, their food is really tasty.  There were two STRANGE women a few tables over with a child, they later told us was 8 months old.  While we were eating, the kid squealed or screamed or something and it freaked Colt out so badly, we had to take him outside.  He (Colt) cried uncontrollably.  That happens occasionally as he is very sound sensitive.  I carried him outside, finally got him calmed down and then he wouldn’t come back in the restaurant.  Sigh.  He ate about 5 bites of his meal but it didn’t matter, he was NOT GOING BACK INSIDE.  No way, no how.  Also, he never forgets.  Oh, Purple Daisy, I will miss you.
Saturday, we got to see my dear friend, Julie, for a little bit.  She got Colt some super cute shirts.  We made this unbelievable dessert that she knows how to make.  It was sinful.  Some people call it “Chocolate Cobbler” but she calls it “Hot Fudge Pudding Cake” or something like that.  Holy mother, it was amazing.  You can find the recipe HERE. Warning: Amazingly chocolatey and delicious.
Sunday was Ryan’s off day!  We had lunch at Chili’s downtown.  As we were walking down the sidewalk, hand-in-hand with Colt in the middle, suddenly Colt stops walking.  We look down to see what the problem is and Colt starts to dance.  We had just gotten close enough to the restaurant to hear the music from the patio.  We let him dance a minute then pulled him along.  He almost immediately stopped again to dance.  This went on every couple of steps for about 20 feet.  There were about 15 people who had stopped to watch this chubby little toddler dance his way to the restaurant.  I would give anything to have had it on video.  It made me so proud.  J  All that kid wanted to do was dance, he didn’t care who was watching.  I hope I never forget that moment.  After lunch, we took Colt to the Creative Discovery Museum for the first time.  It was really fun, but there wasn’t too much for kids his age.  It was nice to be able to let him run and play a while though.  We ended our weekend with the Edge service at my parents’ church (our first time at that service) and then dinner with family at Cracker Barrel.  It was a really good day. 
Dancing with his Aunt Amie

Playing at the Creative Discovery Museum.  I love this face. 

Sweet boy snuggling with his new friend, Chica

I have a prayer request for those of you who pray.  I think I have mentioned before about my stepdad, Allen.  He is undergoing chemo for pancreatic cancer right now.  His plan is for 12 chemo treatments, one every other week.  Basically, every other week for six months.  At the end, they will decide if he needs radiation or not. I really hope not.  I have seen how chemo has affected others that I know and honestly, I wasn’t sure how he was going to make it.  Last week, he had treatment #9.  He only has three left.  He has done remarkably well and still has his hair!  He works on the weeks he doesn’t have chemo and has been mowing his yard and everything.  This last treatment really knocked him back though.  He has been really sick and hasn’t gone to work this week yet, granted it is only Tuesday.  I don’t know if he is just extra tough or what, but I am impressed.  I do know though, that these next few will only get harder.  If you get an extra second, please send up a prayer in his name.  He has been really good to me and an amazing support to my mom.  Thanks! 
Sorry this was so long.  :/  Guess I figured out how to get things out after all!  ;)  Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. You make me literally smell fall reading that! But yes, I am OVER summer! I love the picture of Colt dancing! I will be praying for your stepdad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Candace! :) I love your blog, but am not sure I can follow it, since we're on different sites. Do you know how? I am new to this blog thing...

    ReplyDelete