The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Blue Ridge, Doctor News, and a Recipe!

I feel like a lot has happened since I last updated. We spent this last weekend in Blue Ridge, GA with my step-family. We had a great time and our cabin was GORGEOUS. It had a wonderful view of the Toccoa River from our 3(!) backporches. We spent a little time in downtown Blue Ridge and visited Merciers Apple Orchards. That was my favorite part. We ate a lot, talked a lot, and Colt was in Heaven surrounded by so many who love him. On Sunday, we went fishing in the Toccoa and Colt even got in a little "swim." He's not much of a car sleeper, but he slept all the way from McCaysville to our neighborhood! That was a good sign that he was exhausted. :) Here are some of my favorite pictures:
 
"Swimming"

Triumphant


Gran, Judy, and Amie making gravy


Our family.

Cousins.

Learning about leaves.

Teaching his Granddad about the iPad.

Throwing rocks with Daddy.

Tanner caught a trout!

Playing Dominoes with Tucker.
 

Yesterday, we had our Post-Op visit with Dr. Peterson, Colt's eye doctor.  He agrees that now Colt's eyes are back to "going out" just a bit.  Before surgery, they were out at a 35 degree angle and now they are at a 10 degree angle.  The good news is that they are intermittently out and in, and they are also alternating.  This means they are not always out, a lot of the time they are straight, and both eyes do it.  That's good because it means he doesn't prefer one eye over the other.  If he preferred one over the other, we would have to go back to patching.  You know how I feel about that.  Anyway, we will go back on November 30 to check for sure, but if they don't change or get worse, he won't have another surgery until he is 4!!!  I want to be excited so badly, but the doctor warned us that Colt has not fit the mold yet, so we can't be sure that it won't change again.  Honestly, I am hopeful this time.  I just kind of feel like this is it (until 4, at least). 

I have another cute picture to share, just because I love it. 
Two Bowls of Spaghetti Later...
 

Okay, I am finally going to post a recipe.  Funny, I thought we had NOTHING in the house to eat, but discovered a pork loin in the freezer, so I looked up recipes on AllRecipes.com.  I found one that sounded good, had excellent reviews, and I actually had the ingredients!  It was called "Herb-Roasted Pork Loin."  I should have taken pictures for this to be a legit food blog entry, but hey, I was busy chasing the boy around.  Okay.  This dinner was TO. DIE. FOR.  I seriously might make it two or three times a month.  I served it with homemade mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.  It makes an unbelievable gravy that was excellent with the mashed potatoes and over the pork loin.  After reading the reviews, I decided to follow some of the tips mentioned and tripled the gravy recipe, switched brown sugar for white, used balsamic vinegar, and added some rosemary to the herb rub.  We have some leftovers and I cannot wait to eat them again tonight.  Even Colt liked the pork and he is not a meat-eater!

Herb Roasted Pork Loin   Adapted from AllRecipes.com

Ingredients:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment