The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Thursday, December 6, 2012

New one.

It has been over a week since my last blog post.  I have slacked a bit and I feel like there is so much to update.  Now that I am sitting down to write about it, I am sure my mind will blank.  ;)

First off...BIG NEWS!!!  We went to Colt's eye surgeon on Friday and he said that Colt's eyes are perfect!  They were expecting to either do another surgery this year or to wait until he is 4 years old, but with the way they are now, he'll never have another surgery again!  As long as they do not change again.  There is always a chance that they can start to drift but it isn't likely.  We are thrilled with how gorgeous his eyes look! 

Charlie Chaplin?

I'll skip the boring parts and go right to the part where we took Colt's paci away.  Yesterday, the speech therapist found out he still had it (of course he still has it, he's only just turned two!!) and said he needed to stop.  Blah, blah, blah, something about how sucking a paci causes a kid's mouth muscles to not form/work correctly.  That sounds like a load of malarky to me, but whatever.  I guess it'll be easier to take it away now than it will be when he's older and bigger.  Our two options were to take it away cold turkey or to cut a hole in the end so it doesn't work and he won't want it anymore.  The latter is out because he chews holes in his pacis all the time and it doesn't phase him.  I went through the house, angry the entire time, snatching up pacis and collecting them.  Colt has them hidden in the house EVERYWHERE, but I tried my hardest to find all of them.  I found 15.  Ha.  Anyway, yesterday he screamed bloody murder for an hour and ten minutes at nap time because he didn't have his paci.  He threw everything out of his bed into the floor and just flat out cried.  It was the longest hour of my life, I think.  I was seriously hating people.  Then last night at bedtime, Ryan was gone to the farm so I got to put him to bed without it again with no one there.  I put him in the bed, screaming, and went to my room and cried.  He cried and screamed for 40 minutes and eventually laid down and went to sleep.  It can be done, but my gosh, it was hard.  I was kind of anticipating a long night of him waking up and crying because he didn't have it, but he slept until I had to go wake him up at 7:40.  He slept well, but when I woke him up, he had a really yucky nose and a cough.  Boo.  I've been a bit paranoid about this flu going around, so hopefully it isn't anything like that.  I hated leaving him to come to work today, but I am not going to lie, I am happy I don't have to put him down for a nap today. 

So.  Sorry that was so long.

I finished my Advocare 24 Day Challenge last Wednesday.  My official weight loss during those 24 days was 8 lbs.  I was hoping for more, but it did motivate me a bit to keep it up.  It feels good to see the numbers on the scale go down.The day after I stopped taking the Advocare, the numbers started going back up and I got pretty discouraged.  I gained back 4 lbs of it within 2 days of stopping.  I have since lost them and am back at the 8 lbs.  Not really sure what that was all about, but I am hoping to move on past 8 to about 40.  HAHA.  I am definitely eating better and feeling better.  I can tell that I have lost weight when I look in the mirror, but I don't think it's enough for anyone else to tell yet.  That will take a bit more.  I've got to throw some exercise in or I'll never make it.  My biggest accomplishment so far is that I have not had so much as a sip of sweet tea in a month.  A MONTH.   That is amazing for me, trust me.  ;) 

I also have a date and location for my Women At Risk, International awareness/jewelry party.  It will be a week from Sunday, on December 16 at my church, Chattanooga Valley Baptist in Flintstone.  The party will begin immediately after church at 12:15, as I am hoping to get more people since they'll already be at church.  If you are interested in looking through the stuff but can't make it to the party, please let me know.  I got an email saying they sent me 6 boxes today!  I can't wait to see what will be in these!  If you can make it, please do!  I want to make a difference and this is the only way I know how right now! 

I feel like there is so much more to post, but I should probably shut up.  I'll leave you with a picture of my cute boy enjoying his favorite activity...swinging!  Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a pacifier failure so don't worry. Maybe you'll be stronger than me! We just couldn't kick it at nap time yet. I'm just happy that's the only time he gets it even though he'd willingly take it all day long.