The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New blog...

My weekend is officially over, which means it's my blogging day!  I know you're excited.  Right?  ......  Right?  ;)  Ha. 

We had a really good weekend at our house.  Friday night was a much needed Girls' Night Out and I got to spend some time out with my girlfriends.  Ryan was on Colt duty, but they got to spend the evening out with Jody and Ricky at Mellow Mushroom, so they had fun too.  :)  While out, Julie and Ricky shared a secret...they are going to be parents!  I am thrilled for them to know the love of a parent, but I am selfishly thrilled that some of my friends will have a baby too!  It's hard to be the only one with a child, though the good friends stuck around even though our lives changed so drastically.  I am thankful for that.  :) 

On Saturday, Ryan and I took Colt to have his hair cut again.  It went just as well as the first time, surprisingly.  I thought maybe the first time Colt just didn't know what to think and this time he would know what was happening and not want to participate.  I was wrong.  He was good, again.  He looks so handsome and grown up with his hair cut.  It makes me proud and sad at the same time.  After his haircut, we took him over to the mall to play on the indoor playground.  It was absolutely PACKED, which is usually a bad thing with Colt.  He's so timid around other kids sometimes that he won't play when there are that many kids.  Again, I was wrong.  He played his little heart out.  There's one particular play thing (for lack of better words) that I've never been able to get him to play on...it has steps up and a slide down.  He won't voluntarily climb up it, so if you pick him up to put him on it, he cries to get down.  I'm not sure why that one scares him.  Anyway, Saturday, he climbed right up it, though timidly at first.  Ryan got him to slide down it, holding his hand and in a few minutes, he was climbing up and sliding down with no help!  Just like the other kids.  It doesn't sound like much I am sure, but it was a big deal in the life of Colt and his parents.  :)  He's always so reserved with those places, so for him to let loose and run around felt like such a success!  :)  We got brave that day and didn't take the stroller into the mall.  Colt was so good and held our hands all the way through the mall without a fit and without running away.  Ha.  Funny the things you get excited about when you become a parent.  ;)

He had such a great time!
 
 
Sunday, we went to church in the morning and in the evening.  I have said it before and I will say it again, our interim pastor is amazing.  I don't ever find myself thinking about what's for lunch or anything else.  I get sucked in every time. 

Yesterday, Colt and I made our usual Monday run to the grocery store.  I swear, my kid loves to go to the grocery store!  He is so good and always wants to hold whatever I pick up to put in the buggy.  You've got to watch him though, he's sneaky and will reach and grab the grapes or blueberries and eat them if you turn away.  Ha.  We had another nice weather day and after the store, we played outside with the dogs.  Colt got to swing and climb and slide on his playset.  The dogs even joined him!  Well, on the climbing part.  ;)  I've got a couple of cute pictures of them playing. 

Colt looks so grown up here. :(

They're racing! 

I finally got a picture with him where he's looking!
 
Here's what we have coming up:
 
We start back with speech therapy next Wednesday.  We'll be going to the clinic and they'll work on speech and eating.  I said before, Colt has a hard time eating sometimes.  He doesn't chew very well and chokes/gags easily, so they're going to work on that too.  I am anxious to get back into the therapy, but I am not nearly as excited this time as I was before.  I hope we like the new therapist as much as our last one.  We shall see.

One more thing.  I'm not sure if I will get to blog before next Monday, but if not, keep us in your prayers next week.  Monday we have our neurologist appointment to see if there is a reason why Colt isn't talking.  I used to be sure that it was stubbornness, but I'm just not sure anymore.  There seems to be no progress and he is/we are getting frustrated.  I don't know what they will do but am sure they'll schedule tests and stuff to be done.  I do not look forward to that.  For a child his age, they have to be put to sleep and that is always hard.  Maybe it won't come to that, but that is my fear.  Anyhoo, that's what we have going on this next week. 

I'll leave you with this picture.  ;)
 
 
I hope everyone is doing well.  You know I will update you soon.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment