The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Update and a 'Thank You'

My last post was about our doctor visit which ended with Colt's pediatrician saying that Colt had asthma.  He prescribed us some medicines, which I picked up at Walgreens Thursday night for a big fat $115 after insurance.  With the two office visit co-pays we got last week too, we ended up spending over $200 in one week for co-pays alone.  This is getting very expensive very quickly.  Anyway, that night (after a big dinner at Dad and Judy's, mind you) Colt got his first dose of Singulair.  It is a chewable tablet that tastes pretty good, but long story short, Colt spit out the tablet, then puked all over his toy car that he was riding on, all over the floor, all over himself, and all over the wall.  You know that to get puke on a wall from a good foot and a half or two away, you have to have some pressure behind it.  Ew.  AND THEN, he did it again last night.  Again, all over the car, himself and the floor.  Not the wall this time, thank goodness.  Sigh.  I wouldn't get mad if he was legitimately sick or something, but he has total control over his puking.  I'm not going to lie, it makes me furious.  No matter what he does, he's gets his medicine one way or another.  Little booger.

Also, the inhaler with the mask is a major fight each time.  He screams when you come at him with that mask like you are beating him.  I can only imagine what our neighbors think.  After all of this, Ryan and I are not convinced that Colt has asthma.  I believed it at first, thinking maybe he did due to his family history, but after 5 days of the medicine and no change, I am not sure.  His coughing is not wheezy, but congested.  We're going to keep trying the medicine, but I am wondering how long we it should be before it begins to help.  Poor kid is coughing his guts up. 

Other than that, we had a good weekend.  Saturday night, my dear friend Lindsey and I went to ArtsyU.  It's a painting class type place.  I had been before and LOVED it, so I was excited to go back.  This time we painted "Venetian Windows" and both of our paintings turned out great.  Now I just have to find a place to hang it!  :)  If you haven't been, go!  They are often featured on Groupon, which I highly recommend because it is half price that way!  I can't wait to go back again!

This is my painting!


Friends since the first grade!
 

Sunday was full of church and eating with family and friends, as it should be. :)  Yesterday, Colt and I stayed home all day.  It was a clean the house/watch movies/do laundry kind of day.  It was also the day that Colt climbed out of his crib for the first time.  He has been really close a time or two, but he's never actually gone all the way.  Granted, I was in the room and was watching him from the floor and he was coming TO me.  I realize most 2 year olds are probably already out of their cribs, so I guess it's almost time to change him to a toddler bed.  I can just hear the thump he's going to make when he falls out of his crib if we don't change soon.  ;) 

Sneaky grin!
 
That's what is going on in the Doolittle house this week.  Nothing major this week, just getting ready for the MRI a week from today.  We have to be there at 6:30 and we'll be the first one they do I was told when they called yesterday.  The lady told me it will take about 2 1/2 hours total, so we should be out well before lunch.  It will be done at Erlanger, not at Children's, but I am not sure why.  Maybe we'll hear something about the results next week.  I hope so! 
 
I just want to take a second and say thanks to all who have been following along with Colt's journey.  I know there are a few of you, my last 2 blog posts were 3 "reads" shy of 200 each!  Thank you all, thank you for your prayers and support and kind words of encouragement.  I have had 3 different people approach me recently at church and tell me that they love to keep Colt in the nursery because he is so sweet and loving.  He has been through a lot already by age 2 and he is turning into such a wonderful, smart, sensitive, snuggly little boy.  I accredit that to the many people who love him, teach him, support him (and his parents!), and pray for him.  Thank you, thank you, thank you all.  :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment