The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Catch-up!

I missed my original blogging day on Tuesday!  It was a busy day and I just didn't have a chance.  I hadn't been at work in a week, so the papers were piled up everywhere imaginable.  It was also my grandmother's birthday, so my grandfather and I went to lunch and to the cemetary.  Also, Colt had been snotty and pulling his ear, so I took him to the doctor...  Ear infection, imagine that.  :/  Sigh.  I hate giving him antibiotics so often.  I am looking into other ways to help fight this, but I just don't know what to do yet.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

A lot has happened since I last posted that seemed "blog-worthy" but now, looking back on it, nothing is really jumping out at me. 

We did celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday.  It was a very busy day with no time for resting or anything relaxing, which is what I really wanted.  There was a lot of family time, which was nice, but it's exhausting.  I was really wanting to go to the Chattanooga Market because I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN THIS YEAR.  That is a sad thing.  I wanted to go before the weather got so miserably hot.  Oh well.  Mother's Day ended with a major emotional breakdown and I am glad it's over.  I don't do "holidays" well.  Bah humbug and all that. 

Monday was our last My Smart Hands signing class.  Colt graduated!  We have learned over 165 signs to help us communicate.  Some of them are more fun than helpful, but we definitely did learn some that will help.  In class, Colt just wanted to play with the fun toys Adele had and seemed like he wasn't really paying any attention.  Then, we'd get home and he'd pull out some crazy sign that I had no idea he even learned!  He signs whenever the dogs bark or when he's looking for them, he signs when someone sneezes, he signs when he sees the trees, he signs when he wants to play ball, he signs when he wants a drink - milk, specifically, he signs when he is hungry, he signs when he sees a big truck, he signs when he wants cheese on his spaghetti, he signs when he hears music, or when he wants to read.  I could go on and on.  I love it and I am so very proud of him. 

He didn't want his picture taken!

I'll skip ahead to my ArtsyU class last night.  It was the highlight of my week.  I love painting so much.  I wish I could afford to go more often.  I usually go only when I have a LivingSocial deal, but I have been asking them to put a particular painting on the schedule for a few months and it was finally on for last night. I could not pass it up.  I had planned to go alone but my dear friend, Lauren, got to come too.  I am so glad!  We had a great time.  Here is my finished painting.


I feel silly even complaining about anything, because I realize I am very blessed, BUT (you knew it was coming!) I am stressing out in a bad way.  It just seems like there are all these little tiny things that are piling up and that pile is getting awfully big.  First of all, there is the house(s) situation.  I desperately want ours to sell and I want to be able to work on the new house but we don't have the time or money we need to do it.  Not with two houses, anyway.  On top of that, we have recently gotten over $3,000 in medical bills just from Colt's MRI a couple of months ago.  Thank the Lord for insurance!  (sarcasm?)  The new house is disgustingly dirty.  I swear, the former owners did not know how to clean and there's no way we can move in until it gets a GOOD top to bottom scrub down.  Another thing on the list is Colt starting Preschool through the Babies Can't Wait program.  Well, technically, he isn't going through them but they are the ones helping us set it all up.  Long story short, he will be tested by the county and if he qualifies, he will go to special ed preschool.  He will most likely qualify based on his lack of speech.  This is a blessing in a way, as he will continue to get speech therapy but it will be in a classroom setting and in a more structured setting that will help to prepare him for school.  He can start the day he turns 3.  Where he goes is still up for debate.  I only know where he won't go.  ;)  Another thing stressing me out - my car is leaking oil.  I am hoping it is nothing big, but we will see.  See?  Nothing major, just little things bothering me way more than they should.  

I have a bunch of pictures to unload on you, so don't say I didn't warn you.  ;)

 Someone loves to fingerpaint!

 Mr. Cool.

 Love this precious face.

 And this one.  ;)

 I wanted a sweet Mother's Day picture.  This is what I got.  Story of my life.

 Gah, I love this!

 He was making his new "ooo" sound.

Beautiful, dirty face.


No comments:

Post a Comment