The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I'm at a loss...

For a title to this blog.  :/  Sorry.

Well, we survived the yard sale.  It turned into a garage sale, seeing as it monsooned all morning, but hey, the show must go on.  And it did.  I did okay I guess.  We made about half of what I had hoped, but with the unrelenting rain, I will take it.  It definitely wasn't a waste of time.  Unfortunately, I have lots of good stuff left and I am not sure what to do with it.  I would like to sell it, because I was hoping to make enough money to have the rest of our house painted and like I said, we're only halfway there.  Any suggestions on how to go about that?  The Facebook online yard sales?  Craigslist?  I don't want to do the consignment sales because I don't want to tag stuff.  It took me too long to go through it all and lay it out, I am at the lazy stage now.  Maybe group them by size and sell them in lots?  I think that sounds like the easiest way.  A big shout out to my friend, Lindsey, for sitting with me in my cold garage for hours.  Thank you, friend.  I owe you big. 

We had a house showing on Friday evening and the guy said our lot wasn't deep enough.  Funny, we have one of the deepest lots in the neighborhood.  Unless he wanted to put in a football field, I don't know how it wasn't deep enough.  Sigh.  Then we got a call Sunday afternoon for another showing.  I had just put Colt down for a nap, so I cleaned up really quick and Ryan mowed the yard (even though it was really too wet) and about 5 minutes after I woke Colt up (that was ugly!), they called and canceled.  They are supposed to reschedule this week but boy, was I upset.  I hate to wake Colt up and that day he needed a nap more than ever.  He was so ill.  I am hoping they indeed do reschedule. 

Yesterday, my stepdad had his MRI to see if the chemo is shrinking his cancer at all.  I don't know any results yet.  I'll update when I find out. 

Colt and I went to our third signing class yesterday.  It is going well, I think.  Colt doesn't pay any attention in class unless we're singing but once we get home, he throws out all kinds of signs!  Crazy kid.  The teacher, Adele, gave us a sheet with a listing of all the signs we know and we're at around 120 signs!  I am so proud!  Some of his new favorites are "sneeze," "read," "meatball," "cheese," and "friend."  We have a cd of the songs we sing in the car and when he wants to listen, he signs "friend" because his favorite song has that sign in it.  Ha.  We now know the signs to about 6 songs, two being "On Top of Spaghetti" and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."  I just love it and love watching him sign.  It does this mama's heart good. :)

We don't have any new words this week, but we are hearing "green" quite a bit more often.  It's still not very clear and might not sound like "green" to someone else, but now he's using it along with "blue" and using it appropriately.  I know that's what he's saying.  :)  He has recently become fascinated by our dogs and chasing them around, particularly Lexie, our Cairn terrier.  He hides from her and jumps out at her, giggling all the while.  I love it.  Last night he was throwing her toy elephant for her.  He threw it a few good times, then got tired of it I guess because he ran over to the front door, unlocked it, opened it, threw the elephant outside, then closed the door and locked it back.  Ha!  Poor Lexie loves him, but she hates the chasing game.  She eventually gives up and cowers, waiting on him to hurt her.  He doesn't, but she's still afraid.  Poor dog.  Anyway, he's at a fun age.  I love watching him learn and develop his little personality.  These are fun times.  I hope I cherish them as much as I should. 

Other than all of that, I don't have much to update on.  You know I always include pictures, so please enjoy. 

Colt was chasing Lexie.  She is awaiting her fate. 
These eyes took some work to get them to look this good!

I love this boy and his squishy face!
Someone found his Mama's guitar.  He's a boy after my own heart.
A beautiful Sunday morning after a few days of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment