The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, April 2, 2013


We have survived another weekend.  It was one of those that felt so incredibly busy and crazy, but when I try to think about what we did, I can't really come up with much.  Do you ever have those times?  That probably says a lot about my mental state.  Ha. 

There hasn't been anything earth-shattering to write about, so this blog will probably be a bit boring.  Sorry.  ;) 

Last week, I finally broke down and went to see my allergy/asthma doctor because I pretty much knew I had bronchitis.  I did.  I've had it so many times in my life that I can pretty much diagnose myself now.  They gave me steroids and antibiotics and I feel a lot better.  Thank goodness, because I have learned the world does not stop when I am sick, much to my dismay.  ;)

We also carried some things over to the new house and did a lot of cleaning.  We've still got a lot to do, and a lot of painting to do, before we can move anything major.  The community yard sale for the new neighborhood is in early May, so we're moving stuff over that we want to put into the yard sale.  That gets it out of our house (which we're trying to de-clutter for showings) and will give me a place to organize for the yard sale.  We've picked out some colors for our bedroom and for Colt's bedroom and I can't wait to paint!  I am excited that we are in no hurry to move over there, that way we have plenty of time to get it exactly the way we want before moving.  :)

Saturday was the busy day that really wasn't busy.  We touched up the walls in our house where the walls had gotten marked, mostly due to a toddler.  We also got to dye some Easter eggs.  We used Kool-Aid to dye them with and I am not sure I'll ever use anything else!  It smelled much better than the usual egg dye and made cooler colors, I thought. :)  We made these beautiful eggs, then didn't even hide them!  Shame on me.

He loved our eggs. :)

Sunday was Easter.  We went to church and it was wonderful.  I am so glad to be back home there. :)  We belong there, for sure.  After church, we ate at my dad and Judy's with all of that side of my family.  I ate WAY too much, but got some sweet cuddle time in with our newest family member, Claire. :) 

My beautiful boy on Easter.

Looking rather mischievious.

A rare Colt and Mommy picture.  Of course, he didn't smile.

Yesterday was mine and Colt's rebound day.  We went to the grocery store (Colt's favorite!) and that was it.  Last night after dinner, we played outside a while.  He played on his playset a bit, but mostly just wanted to lie in the grass.  I love that about him.  He helped me plant my herbs and got to play in the dirt a while.  Sadly, he also got his first black eye.  It isn't quite black yet, but I am afraid it will be.  He loves to get in the driver's seat of the car and "drive."  So, while Ryan was mowing the grass, I let him.  I was standing there beside him with the car door open and a neighbor walked up the driveway to talk.  I stepped away and when I did, Colt leaned out to see who I was talking to and he fell out of the car. Faceplanted right into the door, luckily not the concrete.  :(  I felt so guilty, but he didn't even cry.  He just stood up and climbed back in the car.  It wasn't until later that I even noticed it turning reddish-purple.  The first of many, I am sure.  Sorry, little buddy.  :/

He suddenly looks grown up.  My baby is no longer a baby.

His favorite thing to do.  Play with flowers in the grass. :)
Look VERY closely, you can see the beginnings of the black eye.  :/

I also got the call from the sign language instructor yesterday.  Her name is Adele and we'll be taking private classes with her on Mondays, starting in about 2 weeks.  We had the option of an 8 week class or an accelerated 4 week class, but since we have to go to her home in Red Bank (a good 30 minutes away, at least) we're going to try the 4 week class.  I think we can handle it, but if not, we can always change to the slower option.  By the time the program is through, we should have around 150 new signs!  We'll also have a cd with songs that we will learn the signs to, so he can sign to the songs!  I am so excited!!  :) 

Update on Colt...  He is trying SO HARD to talk!!!  He's making all kinds of new sounds and babbling like crazy.  He's very excited about his "ooo" sound and using it frequently.  Lately, he's been OBSESSED with Despicable Me and the main character's name is Gru.  He uses "oooo" to mean "Gru" and that's a huge improvement!  BEWARE, PROUD MAMA MOMENT:  Saturday, while dying eggs with Colt and Tanner, I poured the blueberry-lemonade flavor into a cup of water and Colt pointed (without any prompting at all!) and said "BOOOOOO!"   I almost cried.  It was beautiful.  For one, he knew the color was blue, but most importantly, he SAID IT!  :)

Alright, I will leave it with that.  :)  I am a proud, happy girl today. My boy is trying.  He is REALLY trying. :)

Silly face with big boy hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment