The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Attitude Changer.

Okay.  Well, today I am really struggling with my new birthday year and my good attitude.  That didn't take long.  I got really let down this weekend and it's hit me harder than it probably should have.  I am trying not to have that "I should have known better" attitude, but that's what I think every time I think about what happened.  Sigh.  This morning, I got some pretty discouraging news about some potential health insurance and I'm not going to lie, if we get that, I am not sure how we are going to make it.  SO.  Instead of sinking down into my disappointment, I am going to make a list of some things I am thankful for today, because honestly, I know things can always be much, MUCH worse.  With pictures (you know I am obsessed), here goes:

Obviously, I am thankful for this beautiful child.  I am obsessed with taking his picture, because I know he will only be this age for so long.  I want to remember as much as possible.  Every single detail.  I am thankful he is so happy.  I am thankful he loves music as much as I do!  I am thankful he likes to dance, clothed or naked.  I am thankful he is healthy.  I am thankful he is so very smart and charming.  I am just plain thankful for this boy.  He warms my heart on the coldest days.

I am thankful for God's beautiful creations, especially mountains.  I am wholeheartedly a mountain girl, particularly in the fall and winter.

I am thankful for sleep!  Also for a child who likes to sleep too.  ;)

I am again thankful for this boy, but also thankful he wakes up in such a wonderful mood.  Even with bedhead.  ;)

I am thankful for good music.  Any kind, just happened to have a picture of the Mumford album.

I am thankful for time spent in my grandparents' house.  It is not the same since my Nana passed away, but it will always be home to me.  Colt loved the piano.  Do you see the "ghost" by my elbow? 

I am thankful for flowers!  Especially for flowers given by friends.  :)

I am thankful for baby feet.  Beautiful, chubby, perfect baby feet.

I'm thankful for our furbabies.  I am thankful for the joy, snuggles, and fun they bring.

I am thankful for checkers, fireplaces, and rocking chairs at Cracker Barrel.  ;)


I am thankful for this hard-working man. I am thankful for the father that he is to our son. I am also thankful for UGA football and an aunt who doesn't mind sharing her tickets with us. ;)

I am thankful for fall leaves!  They're my favorite!

I am thankful for these two amazing friends.  I am thankful they put up with me and all the crap that comes with me.  I am thankful that they listen way more than they should.  I am thankful for their hugs, endless invites to dinner, and funny texts when I need them.  I am thankful we made it through so many years of school and living together in college.  Whew.  Having friends that have been around for over 20 years is pretty impressive for a 29 year old, don't you think?  I am a lucky, lucky girl.

I am thankful for this man.  I am thankful for a dad who stuck around as a single parent, when it was probably easier to leave.  I am thankful for the Christian example he is for me and my family.  I am thankful for his never-ending patience with me.  I am thankful for his (and Judy's!) generosity, for helping us provide the surgeries needed for our son, without leaving us thousands of dollars in debt.  I am thankful for their willingness to help, always.  I am thankful that my dad taught me what kind of man to marry and for setting my standards high from the start.  I have the best dad in the world, no doubt.

I am thankful to call this beautiful city "home."  Chattanooga is such a fun, family-friendly, artsy, creative, thriving city.  We are so blessed! 
 
 
Alright.  I feel better.  There are sooooo many more things that I am thankful for, but if I were to list them all, this post would be a mile long.  You'd definitely not read the entire thing.  I hope you did.  Feel free to share things you are thankful for too.  I'd love to hear them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment