The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Thursday, November 15, 2012

The big 2-9.

Well, it's my birthday.  I am 29 today.  One last year in my twenties.  This past week or so, I have had a bit of a revelation.  I want this year to be a big one.  A different one.  I am hoping for big changes, even if it is only in the way I look at things and at my life.  I am notorious for talking a big game, then slacking off so I am hopeful that this blog will help to hold me accountable.  Please, hold me accountable.  My few faithful readers, I will need your help and encouragement. 

I want this year to be about others.  I want to quit looking in and focus on looking out.  I want to serve others.  I want to be a friend.  I want to be a doer.  I want to change the world even just a tiny bit, for the better.  I want to take care of me, so that I can better take care of others.  I want to watch what I eat and exercise, so I can chase my very active two year old all over the neighborhood and not just cheer him on from a chair on the sidelines.  I want to move forward with this human trafficking stuff that is weighing so heavily on my heart.  I want to have a positive attitude and lose the bad one I have had for so many years.  I have been praying daily that God will help me to have a better attitude and think before I react.  I've never been good at that.  ;) 

I want to volunteer at the community kitchen.  I want to simplify my home and get rid of unnecessary STUFF that so many others could benefit from, instead of it just cluttering up our space.  I will put down my phone less and hug my baby boy more.  I want him to see me as a good example and not one that only cares about myself.  Something has got to change.  I'm hoping this is the year. 

So.  Here we go.  Wish me luck!

Snuggling my wiggly boy.

4 comments:

  1. You Go Girl !!!! And I love the positive outlook you are stiving to achieve -- AND.. even more - I'm so glad you are not "not liking" Christmas now -- Jesus' birth is an exciting time -- Just look at it that way and maybe you'll be enjoying this season in a whole new light -- I'm sure Christmas will be a wonderful time for Colt -- you'll make it that way I'm positive -- Love to you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that's what I don't like about it. It seems that isn't what is celebrated anymore. That's not what is important. It is so commercialized and all about shopping and buying and spending money and blah. It gets so expensive. When you're just starting out, with a child (an expensive one at that!) it is hard. It isn't fun when you stress about how much money it costs to buy presents for 42 different people. You know?

      Delete
  2. Yes - I DO understand .... and you are right on in that it is way too commercialized... Just pray that the Lord will give you a direction to make it more about HIM and less about the gifts to others -- I KNOW you posted about the fun you enjoyed doing the Shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse -- maybe there are other ways you could help others at this time -- Our S. S. class is starting early to meet needs and not waiting until Christmas -- It's a blessing to US as well .... Re: the gifts for all to buy -- maybe it's time to start drawing names -- it would be a start ... It's a problem for every family -- ours included ... Love to you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has helped that we've started drawing names at one place and only buying for the "kids" at another. Maybe that's why I am not so stressed this year. But then there is always someone who still buys for everyone and that makes me feel like I should have. I hate that!

      Delete