The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

More!

I posted about this on Facebook, but I'll share it here too.  I am sure most of my readers are on my Facebook though. 

Yesterday, we had our first actual speech therapy session.  I was wrong before, we do get an hour with our therapist.  She comes to our home every Wednesday, except this week because of the holiday.  Her name is Jamie and I really like her.  Colt seems to like her too, so I am thankful for that.  She started teaching us some signs to use with Colt, so he will at least have some form of communication until he can verbalize.  We are working on "more," "please," "all done," and "bite."  He has mastered "more" and almost "please."  The other two not quite yet, but we'll get there.  I am just thrilled to have a way to communicate, even just a tiny bit! I am attaching a little 10 second video of him signing "more" last night, while asking for more pudding.  ;)  Sorry for the crappy quality, it was a cell phone video in the dark living room. :) 

More!!

Yay, Colt!  :) 

Our speech therapist said she honestly thinks Colt is "too smart for his own good."  She says she thinks he has figured out how to get anything he wants without speaking, so therefore he hasn't learned.  Pretty much what we suspected.  ;)  We'll see what happens!  I feel like he is so close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment