The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Time for a change...

It is time for my weekly Tuesday update. The week was fairly boring, but the weekend was markedly better.  I have been in need of some new glasses for a while now and I finally asked Dad and Judy for a new pair for my birthday.  I got them Friday afternoon and I love them.  I found out that I have an astigmatism, so they put that into my prescription and I can see so much better!!  Thanks, Dad and Judy!  Friday evening, Ryan, Colt, and I went to eat at Mojo Burrito (my absolute favorite!!) with our friends Jody and Lauren.  After we ate, Lauren and I went to a "party" of sorts at my friend Kristin's house.  She threw it to benefit Women at Risk, International.  There were tons of handmade jewelry, handbags, scarves, blown glass ornaments, books, bookmarks, friendship bracelets, etc.  The stuff was beautiful, but their stories were life-changing.  The goods were handmade by women who had been rescued from sex slavery.  The money made goes to this organization to help rescue women and keep up their "safe houses."  There was a DVD full of information and heartbreaking pictures and statistics.  Kristin had stories and cards with pictures of children on them that are forever burned into my mind.  Did you know that human trafficking happens in America??  It does.  As a matter of fact, 300 children, CHILDREN, are sold in Atlanta in ONE MONTH.  Did you know that??  I sure didn't.  I have been living in a bubble for far too long.  Kristin said something that changed my outlook on this.  Now that I know all of this, I am responsible to  DO SOMETHING.  Anything.  Lauren and I signed up to throw a party to help raise money and I certainly can't wait to do that.  I still feel like I need to do more.  Those could be our children.  That could be Colt.  Because of the "homosexual movement" little boys are wanted too.  These children are most often kidnapped, so don't think it couldn't be your child.  Wouldn't you want to do something, ANYTHING, that could possibly prevent that???  I haven't slept well since learning all of this, and I could go on and on, but I won't.  Just know this won't be the last you hear about this from me.  It is time for a life change.  I need more purpose. 

Saturday, Ryan, Colt, and I went to Walmart to get stuff for our Operation Christmas Child boxes.  We had two boxes, a boy and a girl aged 10-14.  We had a blast!  We spent more than we should have probably, but every Sunday at church they've been showing a video of those precious children opening their boxes and I boohoo every week.  We were in Walmart for over an hour and a half and Colt was so well-behaved.  We struggle sometimes at home, but in public he is a great kid.  Knock on wood.  ;)  We ended up buying too much stuff for our boxes because we couldn't get them closed!  Guess Colt will have a couple of stocking stuffers.  ;)  I look forward to doing that every year and involving Colt more and more each time.  That afternoon, I cleaned out a closet, cleaned out my car, washed it, and Armorall-ed it!  Ryan even got the garage cleaned out.  I am working on simplifying our life (and getting rid of all the crap!), slowly but surely.  That evening, our friends Kristin and Darren came over to watch the Georgia game.  It wasn't much of a game, but I'm okay with that. :)  It was such a good day.

Sunday, we had church and then a chili supper to benefit the youth group.  That evening, we got to get back into our Sunday night dinners with my parents at Cracker Barrel.  I love that place. :)

Yesterday, it was rainy and cold.  I was so very thankful to have the day off with my sweet boy.  I got a lot of laundry and house cleaning done, but we also managed to get in 3 movies (Toy Story, Cars, and Finding Nemo) and lots of snuggling.  I love those days.  We had absolutely nothing to do outside of the house and it was refreshing. 

Tomorrow is our first speech therapy session and it is only about 30 minutes long.  I am curious to see how much they think they can get done with a VERY active two year old, but they are the experts.  They obviously know something I don't. 

Update on Colt's eyes:  I have been meaning to post this for days!  Over the past week or so, we have really noticed how wonderful Colt's eyes look!  I swear they get better every day!  Granted, they are not perfect and I think he will have surgery again in a couple of years, but for now, they are beautiful.  BEAUTIFUL.  I am thrilled.  See??

Also, we think we have a lefty on our hands. ;)

Advocare/diet update:  Today is Day 9 and I am down 4 lbs.  I am happy with that.  I am even more happy with the way I feel.  I have more energy and I feel "cleaner" if that makes any sense.  I struggle with craving things like mexican food and the hardest part is not drinking sweet tea or coffee, but I do appreciate the way I feel eating more vegetables, lean protein, and fruits.  I'll let you know how the rest of it goes! 
New glasses.  Ridiculous face.

No comments:

Post a Comment