The House of Doo

The House of Doo

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Still no good at blog titles...

It's Election Day!  I hope you all fulfill your civic duty and go vote today.  I don't just love either presidential candidate, but I prayed on my way to work this morning that the right man would get the job.  It's all in God's hands anyway.  I really hate politics, so that's all I will say about that.

The Doolittles had a good weekend.  Friday, I got an unexpected off day, so I got to spend the day with my sweet boy.  I made my Nana's cinnamon toast for breakfast and Colt ate 3 of our 5 pieces and "mmmmm"-ed all the way through it.  I know that made Nana smile up in Heaven.  That was always my favorite breakfast at her house.  We came by the ice company to pick up our paychecks and see Dad, then headed out to Target.  I returned the 4 packages of Oreos leftover from the Mickey cupcakes and got enough back to buy Colt a few cute shirts and broke even.  ;)  Woot.  We then had a lunch date at Shogun.  That is his favorite place!  He loves the vegetables and rice and doesn't cry when they make the fire in front of you.  He ate like a champ and picked the zucchini out of my plate!  That's my favorite too, good thing he's cute.  He made friends with all of the people at our table.  As usual, they were all impressed that a toddler would eat the salad with ginger dressing and all of his veggies.  I am thankful he is such a good eater.  That makes me proud.  :) 

Sweet face :)

Saturday, we took him to his Mimi's house and Ryan and I made a day trip to Pigeon Forge to hang out with some friends. Kristin and I went to a spa and I got a manicure and she got a pedicure, then went shopping.  We went to the Apple Barn and the outlets for a little bit.  I made my first ever venture inside a Harry & David's.  I am in love, needless to say.  An endless supply of dips, soup mixes, salsa (yes!!), and snacks.  WITH SAMPLES.  Shut up.  I bought a really tasty pepper and onion relish that I can't wait to use!  We left the boys (Ryan and Darren) to grocery shop, cook, and watch football at the cabin.  We had steaks, baked potatoes, and salad for dinner and watched Georgia kick some Ole Miss tail, then headed home to get our boy.  I hate leaving him on my off days, but since I got an unexpected one on Friday, it was okay.  We had a great time with Darren and Kristin and I can't wait to hang out again.
Beautiful mountains!
 

Sunday, we went to church, the church I grew up in and left for a while.  That will always be home to me, but I have struggled to find my place there as I have gotten older.  There really was nothing for people in the college age/twenties along the line of Sunday School or anything else.  We left before we got married and before Colt, going somewhere else for about 2 1/2 years, then decided that wasn't the right place for us either.  Since we left our other church, we have been lazy about looking for churches and just kind of "settled" going back to our original church.  There's a lot of "church" in there, huh?  Anywho...  The preacher left and we have a new "interim preacher"  until they find a permanent.  He is AMAZING.  He is young (-ish!), hilarious, and doesn't sugarcoat.  I love him!  It has been a long time since I looked forward to going to church and that makes me sad.  There are more and more young people there every week, so that's great.  I am hopeful that the permanent guy is as good. 

Yesterday, I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge.  It is kind of a weight-loss jump start to changing your habits.  I'll update on here as we go along, rather than Facebook.  The first 10 days are a cleanse phase and for 6 of those days, you have to drink a fiber type drink.  Poor Ryan.  Hahahahhaha.  Seriously though, that stuff is NASTY.  It isn't the taste, it's the texture and I really hate that.  Oh well, 2 out of 6 down.  I can do this.  I can do this.  I can do this.  There is an energy-type drink but it doesn't have caffeine and it is awesome!  It is the good energy, not the shaky, jittery kind.  Yesterday, I drank mine before lunch and while Colt napped, I planted 28 pansies!  I usually nap too.  ;)  My brother-in-law has lost 34 lbs on the Advocare stuff, but not in the 24 days.  Boy, that would be unhealthy.  Anyway...here's hoping I can lose some weight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment